1. What personal information do we collect from our websites?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter:
- Your name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit card information or
- Other details to help you with your experience
2. When do we collect information?
- When registering on our site
- When placing an order
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Responding to a survey or
- Entering information on our site
3. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter,
respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
4. How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights
to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers
4.1 Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes, for our Online Store.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Cookies are used to:
- Remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- Understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make our site more efficient
However, you can still place orders.
5. Third Party Disclosure:
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice.
- This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5.1 Third party links
- We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
- We do use certain scripts such as search facilities that have a link to their site.
- This is no indication of endorsement on behalf of RBE.
We use Google Analytics and Google AdWords Advertising for our website.
5.2 Does our site allow third party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do allow third party behavioural tracking to companies such as:
- Google Analytics and AdWords
6. Opting out:
Mail Shots. We use opt out for mailers.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
7. Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI)
The POPI Act will form the backbone of privacy law in South Africa and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws. Understanding the POPI Act and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with POPI Act we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email, within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in site notification, within 7 business days.
8. Email and Anti-Spam Policy
8.1 We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service
Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
8.2 We will:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
8.3 If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can Opt Out by :
- Following the instructions at the bottom of each email.
We will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
8.4 Other prohibited activities include, without limitation, the following:
- Use of the Service for the receipt of replies to unsolicited mass e-mail.
- Forgery of e-mail headers (“spoofing”).
- Spamming via third-party proxy, aggregation of proxy lists, or installation of proxy mailing software.
- Hosting web pages advertised within “spam e-mail” sent from another network (“spamvertising”).
- Hosting web pages or providing services that support spam.
9. Contact Information
- Physical Address: 14 Hoefyster Street, Stormill Ext9, Roodepoort, 1709
- Postal Address: P O Box 86, Ferndale 2160
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 011 793-7321
- Fax: 011 793-7348
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
As we sell products it”s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it”s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.